Swap GI/Hep Pathology fellowship top tier uni E coast for W coast 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AMST

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My spouse is going to start a Gastrointestinal/Hepatology Pathology fellowship at a top-tier university in the southeast in July 2022. Since I am living in California, we are hoping to find someone to swap positions. Anywhere in the west coast, preferably California.
I will appreciate your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,
My spouse is going to start a Gastrointestinal/Hepatology Pathology fellowship at a top-tier university in the southeast in July 2022. Since I am living in California, we are hoping to find someone to swap positions. Anywhere in the west coast, preferably California.
I will appreciate your help.

That was kind’a a cold thing for him to do. If he got into a top tier place in the SE one would think he could get into a west coast program. There are lots of them.

This is fascinating, do programs actually let you do this?

As an employer I would find it odd if one of my employees came to me and said they had to move but dont worry they already found their own replacement.

I would have to be like:
oreally.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
This is fascinating, do programs actually let you do this?

As an employer I would find it odd if one of my employees came to me and said they had to move but dont worry they already found their own replacement.

I would have to be like:
View attachment 343841
Happens in residency, but I feel like most fellowships are too small/intimate for that. They're more of a apprentice/journeyman/master kind of thing than a pool of warm bodies, I mean, trainees