Position Swap swap pgy1 pathology residency to any other specialty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chi123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
im willing to swap my pgy1 pathology residency position to any other specialty. its a good chicago program.

Members don't see this ad.

What position do you want to swap with

Members don't see this ad :)
You're looking at this the wrong way. Trying to find a swap is relatively pointless. Let's say you actually find someone who is interested in swapping. What's to say that the PD's of the two programs will agree? I probably wouldn't -- if one of my residents wants to leave, then they are free to leave. But I get to choose whom I fill that spot with, and it's unlikely to be some random person who you found on the internet who wants to swap.

So, you should just look for an open spot somewhere. If you find one, and they take you, then you resign your current spot.

im willing to swap my pgy1 pathology residency position to any other specialty. its a good chicago program.
What progdirector said and the only person you could swap with would need to be in pathology.

Are you going to reapply to pathology this year?
I would absolutely love to match into Path. It's an amazing field, unfortunately, I did not get a position this year and am taking step 3 in July. Hopefully, it will increase my chances for 2019.