Feb 11, 2016
Status
Resident [Any Field]
im willing to swap my pgy1 pathology residency position to any other specialty. its a good chicago program.

aProgDirector

Pastafarians Unite!
10+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
You're looking at this the wrong way. Trying to find a swap is relatively pointless. Let's say you actually find someone who is interested in swapping. What's to say that the PD's of the two programs will agree? I probably wouldn't -- if one of my residents wants to leave, then they are free to leave. But I get to choose whom I fill that spot with, and it's unlikely to be some random person who you found on the internet who wants to swap.

So, you should just look for an open spot somewhere. If you find one, and they take you, then you resign your current spot.

jmarkant

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2012
NY, NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
im willing to swap my pgy1 pathology residency position to any other specialty. its a good chicago program.
What progdirector said and the only person you could swap with would need to be in pathology.

jmarkant

7+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2012
NY, NY
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Mar 19, 2018
Status
Medical Student
Are you going to reapply to pathology this year?
I would absolutely love to match into Path. It's an amazing field, unfortunately, I did not get a position this year and am taking step 3 in July. Hopefully, it will increase my chances for 2019.