Sweating problem during interview?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FatherTime-PhD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so when I wear formal clothing, I tend to sweat a lot in my back from just walking around lol.

Do you know if we keep on jackets the entire time so I can hide it? Idk how it’s gonna go with tours and lunches....

Otherwise, I know the option is to get an undershirt... but my question is, isn’t it weird if it shows through? Especially if it’s “wife beater”? Any suggestions?? Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, so when I wear formal clothing, I tend to sweat a lot in my back from just walking around lol.

Do you know if we keep on jackets the entire time so I can hide it? Idk how it’s gonna go with tours and lunches....

Otherwise, I know the option is to get an undershirt... but my question is, isn’t it weird if it shows through? Especially if it’s “wife beater”? Any suggestions?? Thanks!!

Bruh, I wish that it was only back sweat. I sweat so hard on just my forehead area, and I hate it. I wore a white undershirt (I had a white dress shirt) and it didn't show. Best of luck! :)

Reactions: 1 users
So, I posted about this in the men’s interview dress thread like a month or two ago? And they all told me to dab deodorant on my forehead neck and back. I swear everywhere but lightly, so this solution worked perfectly at my first interview. If you are heavier sweater then I would do an actual antiperspirant, but it should be GTG.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get yourself some anti-perspirant spray deodorant and hit the areas you sweat the most with it, preferably the night before and morning of the interview. I do this with my feet before putting socks on, a little spritz here and there. It's been a lifesaver being that Dansko clogs do not breath well.

For underarm sweat (for anyone wondering), the Thompson t-shirts are money.

Reactions: 2 users
Get yourself some anti-perspirant spray deodorant and hit the areas you sweat the most with it, preferably the night before and morning of the interview. I do this with my feet before putting socks on, a little spritz here and there. It's been a lifesaver being that Dansko clogs do not breath well.

I second some type of antiperspirant. Works surprisingly well.

I second some type of antiperspirant. Works surprisingly well.

It’s more of my back and middle chest. And I have zero hair lol. I just sweat

Reactions: 1 user
It’s more of my back and middle chest. And I have zero hair lol. I just sweat

I feel ya man, I sweat terribly under my arms, head, and feet. When I use an anti-perspirant spray on my feet in the mornings before work, it almost completely solves the sweating issue. For reference, I don't use anything fancy as far as anti-perspirants, just the old school can of Arid (spelling?).

Unfortunately though, when I'm in stressful situations - medical school interviews would be a prime example - my head and arms will still sweat. The Thompson t-shirts work amazing, are made of a very lightweight cotton, are form fitting, and have longer tails that ensures they don't come untucked. It may help you feel more comfortable during the interview having that light layer between you and your dress shirt. I also plan to keep my suit jacket on during the interview for your exact same reason, though when sitting I always unbutton the jacket and vice versa when standing.

For undershirt color, and assuming you wear a white dress shirt, my best advice would be to get a t-shirt that comes close to your skin tone. Sounds counterintuitive, but when you do this it camouflages the shirt even better.

and I'm stressing out again... haha got the same problem, thought maybe I'd skip the morning coffee, but I imagine that'll impact my interview (been a coffee addict for 10+ years). Prolly try a couple clinical strength antiperspirants and see if any work. Thanks for the reminder!!

I'll show up in a suit made of maxi pads lined with cotton balls before I give up my coffee :laugh:

• Haha