• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

FT8

2+ Year Member
Oct 30, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
hi, I'm in my senior year as a Bio Major.

I've looked into the option of switching to Public Health.

As a Bio major I'd have to pack my next three semesters with 3-4 upper year Bio courses ( Histology/Developmental Bio/Ecology/Evolution/non-dental school pre-reqs etc) in order to graduate. If I switch majors I'd just finish up 6-7 Public Health courses and receive my major.

The only two science courses I'd be taking would be Human Physiology & Orgo II.

Stats:
3.77 GPA / 3.66 sGPA / 3.35 BCP GPA
21AA, 22TS, 19PAT

I don't want to hurt my sGPA / BCP GPA by being force to overload on Bio courses.

Any opinions?

MedicalDoctorFrankenstein

2+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental

As a Bio major I'd have to pack my next three semesters with 3-4 upper year Bio courses ( Histology/Developmental Bio/Ecology/Evolution/non-dental school pre-reqs etc) in order to graduate. If I switch majors I'd just finish up 6-7 Public Health courses and receive my major.

Stats:
21AA, 22TS, 19PAT

I don't want to hurt my sGPA / BCP GPA by being force to overload on Bio courses.

Any opinions?
If you have all your prereqs, I'd say switch.

LateBloomer88

Jun 26, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental

Stats:
21AA, 22TS, 19PAT

Any opinions?

As long as you are 100% committed to dental I would say do what you want. Your stats are good you should get in. Schools have moved away from pre-dent and premed majors because they want you to have a fallback if you don't get in or do get in and don't like it.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.