Switching From Honours to General Program After Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

realestinthecity

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I was recently accepted to MSUCOM with one year remaining to complete my degree in Honours Economics (4 year Bachelor of Arts) but want to switch my degree to a General Economics degree (also a 4 year Bachelor of Arts) which will give me the opportunity to study courses that I won't get a chance to study when medical school starts. Would MSUCOM care if I did that? I would still complete all my prereqs and graduate with a bachelor of arts. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you meet all their prerequisites and any other requirements they have specifically spelled out, you can change your degree to Chinese Literature of the 16th Century and you'll be fine

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
With such a specific question, it seems best (and easiest) to contact the admissions committee rather than ask on here. I've heard a few times of adcoms throwing fits when students change the courses they said they were going to take. I'd imagine that since it's a similar degree it shouldn't be much of a problem, but you never know. Best to get info from the source.