Switching from Pre-Vet to a different medical career

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefuldogtor23

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm currently a Pre-Vet senior who is having a career crisis. I was wondering what people have done after graduating college? Has anyone switched from pre-vet to a
different medical profession, and if so, why?

I have been seriously considering my career options and was hoping to hear back from other individuals on their experiences after college.
I have always loved the medical profession and have recently began considering switching to a health career like PA, and was wondering if anyone else
has a similar experience. Would love to hear any and all feedback! :)

Members don't see this ad.

If you haven't already, you might want to post in the other forums as well. You're likely to get more bites on people who have switched from vet med over yonder.

Didn't get into vet schools the first two tries. Found a great alternative career in Residence Life at my undergraduate institution that I was going to commit to if I hadn't been accepted. Got my bachelor's in biology and regret it; should've done some sort of management or communications degree in hindsight.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone!

I'm currently a Pre-Vet senior who is having a career crisis. I was wondering what people have done after graduating college? Has anyone switched from pre-vet to a
different medical profession, and if so, why?

I have been seriously considering my career options and was hoping to hear back from other individuals on their experiences after college.
I have always loved the medical profession and have recently began considering switching to a health career like PA, and was wondering if anyone else
has a similar experience. Would love to hear any and all feedback! :)
I didn't switch, but I did work as a histotech during my gap. My backup career would've been ultrasound technician because as with bats I didn't get in my first 2 tries. Ultrasound technician offered a high salary for amount of schooling,