switching the program or speciality in different town

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mismatch

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did not get what I wanted in match. There are lot problem with the town where I have matched in FP. The program is really good, its the town-Sacramneto, CA where my hubby can't get a job coz of license problem. Now there are few positions open in different speciality in arizona where we would like to live and were hoping to get matched. Anyways I am not very happy with family medicine. So I was wondering can tell my PD before start of the residency that I want to try in arizona.
IS anybody there who is willing to switch FP in california?

Members don't see this ad.

hey there,
I matched in FP in Pittsburgh in a very good university program, but the problem is that i live in San bruno, california with my husband who is a software engineer and who has a grreat job he doesnt want to leave.
So if u want to move to pittsburgh, PA , do lemme kno!
my email id is [email protected]

wow! i dont kno if this is possible, but i m ready to give it a shot!!!

mismatch said:
The program is really good, its the town-Sacramneto, CA where my hubby can't get a job coz of license problem.

Personally, I'd tell him to suck it up for three years until you're done with your residency. But, that's just me. ;)

P.S. - I'm assuming he didn't look into this before you ranked a program in Sacramento? That would've been the time to do it.

drsur said:
I matched in FP in Pittsburgh in a very good university program, but the problem is that i live in San bruno, california with my husband who is a software engineer and who has a grreat job he doesnt want to leave.

Um...did you tell your husband you were ranking a program in Pittsburgh?

Rule #1 of the Match: Don't rank a program you wouldn't want to attend.