SWOSU Pharmacy School Fall 2011 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kikizmom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread for SWOSU Spring 2011 applicants. So, I thought I would start one. I received my interview invite letter this weekend in the mail. I am going to call tomorrow morning to set up my appointment. I am so excited, but this is my first interview for pharmacy school. Of course, I am nervous and analyzing every little detail that might happen. Plus, I live over three hours away, so I have to plan a trip up there....which I have no problem with. There is just so much to try to prepare for, but you don't really know what to expect. So, if anybody else is going to interview as well or has applied there...I'd love to hear your advice!

Members don't see this ad.

I am exactly in the same situation as you are. I have to drive down there, my first time interview. I don't even know how their interviews are. when did u set yours to be?

Just completed my interview a couple hours ago, was not as nerve-wracking as I initially thought. Wish everyone the best of luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just had an interview as well. I was told we should all find out by Nov. 12. Best of luck to you all

How do you all think you did on the interview?

I did horrible and I probably get rejected. My interviewers were a little hard and asked a very difficult situational questions. I have been crying, I can't believe how bad my interview went :(

I did horrible and I probably get rejected. My interviewers were a little hard and asked a very difficult situational questions. I have been crying, I can't believe how bad my interview went :(

Did you have a pharmacist interview you? I hear they are notorious for grilling SWOSU applicants. I felt my interview was relaxed, it seemed more like a personal conversation than a professionally-constructed interview.

Don't be sad. If you had a pharmacist whose last name started with the letter "T" and was very difficult to understand then you had the same interviewer as me. He asked some very awkward questions that kind of put me on the spot. I don't think I did very well either, but it's hard to read the interviewer since he didn't show any emotion one way or the other. He didn't even properly introduce himself and told me after I was done with the essay to just slide it under his door. I though that was kind of rude.

Correct me if I am wrong but does SWOSU only use our GPA and PCAT to decide who they give interviews to. Or do they factor everything plus the interview to determine our acceptance?

They usually just go strictly off grades. They don't require LORs

I had my interview on 10-25-10, and I thought it went well. I only had one interviewer, and she was very nice and laid back. It was much more relaxed, than I had thought it would be. I was soo nervous, but once we started talking it was fine. I was surprised I only had one interviewer, but I think it was, because it was the first day of interviews.

I was wondering what they judge you on after the interview. Do we get ranked on GPA, PCAT, how well we did on the interview, essay? The letter should be here anytime...I hope this week. I've been checking the mail every day just hoping. I hope it's good new!

Good luck everyone..hope we become classmates soon!

I would say they factor more into who they give interviews to than just grades and PCAT. I'm saying this, because they only asked about half of the qualified applicants to interview. The counselor gave the numbers on qualified applicants, and then how many they were interviewing. So, there were almost as many qualified applicants that didn't get asked to interview as were asked to interview. I would say they look at your personal statement essay, pharmacy experience, where you live ..etc as well.

Aww don't be so upset. I'm sure you didn't do bad! They don't expect you to know exactly what to do in those situations. They just want you to come up with an answer...even if it may be wrong. I've heard so many people say they thought they did bad during an interview, and then got in. So, be positive!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you guys hear we should know by the 12 of this month or did I hear wrong?

Don't be sad. If you had a pharmacist whose last name started with the letter "T" and was very difficult to understand then you had the same interviewer as me. He asked some very awkward questions that kind of put me on the spot. I don't think I did very well either, but it's hard to read the interviewer since he didn't show any emotion one way or the other. He didn't even properly introduce himself and told me after I was done with the essay to just slide it under his door. I though that was kind of rude.

Yes, I had him. The same persona and told me to slide my essay. I also had a p4 students with him as my interviewer. She was nice but asked critical questions which probably would cost my interview. He did not show any emotions and I was not comfortable at all.

She said she would send out letters on or before the 12th. So, if she sends them Friday...we might not get them into the mail until next week :( ..I haven't got anything yet! I will post when something comes...hopefully tomorrow!

Of course, the post office has to be closed on a week like this when we're waiting on the mail every day!! Ha Ha! I appreciate the veterans though don't get me wrong...my husband is one!

Nothing in the mail for me today :(! I really hope it comes tomorrow! I can't bear waiting until next week!

Called the office and the secretary told me that they sent out all the letters today, we should be receiving the letter either tomorrow or Monday :xf:

I'm glad you called! I wanted to, but I didn't know if I should. That means mine will probably come Monday, because it takes two days to get from there to here usually! Dang it! At least I know now, so thanks for posting that!!

I got my letter in the mail an hour ago, and got accepted. Good luck to you all!

Awesome! Congratulations! :) Where do you live at? I didn't get mine today :( . I live about 30 minutes outside of Tulsa though. Hopefully, I'll be joining you!

Got mine, didn't make it :(. One down, good luck to you all.

Got mine, didn't make it :(. One down, good luck to you all.

I'm sorry for you and for me. I didn't make it either. My interview sounded like it was just like yours. Very relaxed.....maybe we should of have the harder interviewer as it seems like those are the ones getting in.

I am interested in applying to SWOSU. I was wondering what everyone scored on their PCAT and what your GPA is. Also do any our you have honors or community service? I'm just curious what my chances are to getting an interview when I apply.

So....
PCAT:
GPA:
Honors:
Comm serv:

I got mine on saturday morning and I got accepted. I have to move to weatherford now. Does anyone know where to go to find some apartments? I need help with moving.

I am interested in applying to SWOSU. I was wondering what everyone scored on their PCAT and what your GPA is. Also do any our you have honors or community service? I'm just curious what my chances are to getting an interview when I apply.

So....
PCAT:
GPA:
Honors:
Comm serv:

PCAT:51
GPA:4.0
Honors:presiden't honnor roll
Comm serv:[/QUOTE] I didn't really have community service,there was one that I myself don't even count that as a community service.
But my interviewers were hard and I never thought I would make it. Good luck to you.

I spoke with Lyanna today and she said everything on my application was excellent except for my PCAT score which was only whiskers away from getting the acceptance letter.

I got selected for the alternate list!:(:) I have mixed emotions. I'm upset, but I guess there is still hope. I'm going to accept it and find out what number I am on the list. I also got an interview for OU today, so whatever is meant to be will work out I guess. I just was hoping for better news, but it wasn't an absolute no..who knows! I want to call and see if there were any notes about me..anything that could have got me accepted instead of on the wait list.

I spoke with Lyanna today and she said everything on my application was excellent except for my PCAT score which was only whiskers away from getting the acceptance letter.

If you don't mind me asking, what was your pcat score? I was wondering how they ranked us after the interview. My pcat was a 64..my overall gpa is 3.56..I don't know what they calculated my science and math gpa, because they only pick a few classes. I thought my interview went well, but obviously something was just maybe "whiskers" away for me too. I got put on the alternate list instead of accepted. More waiting now!

The cutoff for the acceptance she told me was a 50 and I scored a 48, I took the recent October PCAT and am hoping it's bumped up just those few points or at best a significant amount. My Math-Science GPA is 3.58 and I graded out well in my interview. Fortunately, when I reapply for the Fall term I won't have to go through the interview or application process again. I only have to send Lyanna a letter stating that I want to re-activate my application and hope my scores turned out for the better. Hope you get in Kiki, you're still very well in the running...anything can certainly happen :)

If you don't mind me asking, what was your pcat score? I was wondering how they ranked us after the interview. My pcat was a 64..my overall gpa is 3.56..I don't know what they calculated my science and math gpa, because they only pick a few classes. I thought my interview went well, but obviously something was just maybe "whiskers" away for me too. I got put on the alternate list instead of accepted. More waiting now!

Wow it seems like you should have got in because I was told too by the admission counselor that the PCAT cutoff was 50 and the math/science gpa was running on average of 3.0. She told me if my PCAT would have been in the 50's that I would have been in. I was in the 40's. So like I said with you in the 60's and a 3.56 then I'm wondering if I'm really needing a lot higher PCAT then 50's or even 60's because your's was that high. Well good luck with alternate!

Mmmm I don't know! I wish I knew their process of selecting after the interviews! I'm going to call her probably Friday to make sure she got my acceptance for the alternate list..and see if she can tell me anything.

So, she said if we want to reapply in the fall...we don't have to interview again? They will just use our interview score from this time? Well if I don't get off the alternate list that is good news. Why not call and re-activate it if that's all you have to do..what's there to lose. I'm happy about that. I hope that I can move from the alternate list to accepted though!

Thanks for your response and good luck to you guys!

For those who got in, how are you guys finding places to live? apartment? houses? etc...
I will have to move there too, but don't know which apartment is a good place to live. Any suggestions?
Also, if anyone looking for a roommate, let me know. Feel free to PM me about any of the above.

I'll be commuting from Norman, so I don't know what to tell you. There's really nothing to do in weatherford and it'll save me money.

I'll be commuting from Norman, so I don't know what to tell you. There's really nothing to do in weatherford and it'll save me money.

Wow, commuting to Weatherford from Norman? that's a lot of driving, About the same travel time as from OKC. I'm curious, are you attending OU?

I wanted to start a thread to discuss application to Southwestern Oklahoma State University Pharmacy School for Fall 2011. I have sent my application to SWOSU for Fall 2011. They should have recieved my transcripts. Does any one know if they will verify that they have recieved the transcripts or the application?

SWOSU Waiting :confused:
University of Oklahoma Interviewed 01/13/11 Waiting :confused:

Last edited:
It's going to be awhile until you hear back from them. They send out interview invites between March-April.

How do you know that they recieved all the transcripts and have filed them?

How do you know that they recieved all the transcripts and have filed them?

They will send you a letter if your missing anything..or you can call and check before the application deadline if you are worried. It will be a while though before you hear! They are not as fast as OU. I interviewed there in October for this semester, and I got waitlisted. I got a call the day before classes started this month, and I could have started at SWOSU. I was already accepted to OU though, so I declined. I hope I made the next person on the waitlist happy :). Good luck to you!

I received a reply from Ms. Schultz regarding my transcripts. It appears that she was slightly annoyed by the request. Apparently all the calls and emails from applicants slows down the process. Even so I felt like I needed to contact her because the application states that incomplete or incorrect applications will not be considered. To my knowledge there was no statement about them notifying you if they did not have everything. Anyway I have put a lot of time, effort, and money into applying so I am going to do everything I can to make sure my application in not tossed out. In the end the answer was as kikizmom stated in yesterdays post I will be notified if anything is missing.

Last edited:
I scored in the 90s on the January PCAT, hope I've done all I can to gain acceptance into the Fall '11 program.