SWOSU Pharmacy School Fall 2011 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
you will get in for sure with that score! Wish I could say the same

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone recieved a interview?

SWOSU - Waiting :confused:
University of Oklahoma - Interviewed 01/13/11 Accepted :soexcited:

I received a letter today stating that i did not have all the classes required. It turns out it was a mistake. Lyanna Schultz said that the invitations to interview should be going out sometime in March.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the same letter too. I think they take a long time with their admissions process. Maybe its too late and their class is already full????

Acceptance letters are not mailed out until this May, let's hope this much is true. As far as interview invites, I will let you guys know as soon as I receive one in the mail as everyone else on this thread should do the same. That way I know for sure that I'm not the only one left hanging. :cool:

Thanks for posting all of this, I have been going crazy checking the post office like 4 times a day, waiting for an interview invite. I know the campus has been "closed" today and yesterday so hopefully we will see letters this week or next. GL everyone and I will post as soon as I hear.

Hi All,
Is anybody here current or past student from SWOSU pharmacy program? I am very concerned about finishing school early and I heard that if you take summer class, you can finish your pharmD in 3.5 years? Has anyone ever done it in less than 4 years? Maybe even 3?

I applied to SWOSU too. I talked to Lyanna today and she told me they are reviewing applications this week and the interview letters will be sent out at the beginning of next week. I have a 53 on the PCAT and a 3.96 GPA, not sure if my PCAT score is good enough for acceptance! I have heard that SWOSU doesn't accept many people that did not do their first two years at their University. Has anyone else heard anything like that? Thanks!

I applied to SWOSU too. I talked to Lyanna today and she told me they are reviewing applications this week and the interview letters will be sent out at the beginning of next week. I have a 53 on the PCAT and a 3.96 GPA, not sure if my PCAT score is good enough for acceptance! I have heard that SWOSU doesn't accept many people that did not do their first two years at their University. Has anyone else heard anything like that? Thanks!

Don't rule yourself out just yet, anything is possible.

I got my interview invite in the mail earlier today. Phew, about time.

Congratulations! I live in Texas so it will probably be a few more days until I hear back. Could you tell me when the letter was dated?

March 25, 2011 was the date on the letter, I guess I was able to receive the invite snap quick because I only live about two hours away from Weatherford.

Pharmnatic what dates do they list for interviews on your letter??

Members don't see this ad :)
There are about 11 different interview dates to schedule from between March 30 and April 18.

I receive a letter this weekend also. Still debating if I will interview given the fact I have been accepted to OU.

SWOSU - Waiting :confused:
University of Oklahoma - Interviewed 01/13/11 Accepted :soexcited:

Awesome! Good luck with your interview, hope to see you all this fall.

Does anyone know how the interview process goes? Group interview? Essay? I'm just curious...

I thought the interview went well for me last week. Very laid back, I feel pretty good about my chances.

Hi everyone!

I just interviewed today. My interview was with Dr. T, the interviewer the other posters were talking about before. I'm not quite sure how it went. The interview itself was not really what I had expected. There were two interviewers, one was Dr. T and one was a woman who never introduced herself. I found this strange and somewhat unnerving. I found out later that she was a student. Overall, I think it went well, but I still can't help feeling uncertain.

Good luck to everyone! Post as soon as you hear the news!

Does anyone know how the interview process goes? Group interview? Essay? I'm just curious...

Pharmgirl, my interview had two interviewers present (one professor and one student). Also, after my Q&A session, I had 30 minutes to write a short essay. I then turned this in to Lyanna, and she conducted the exit interview. She also explained what I could expect to happen next in the application process. I really appreciated this! She really laid it all out on the table. In the end, the whole process took about an hour and a half.

When are they sending out the letters? All this anxiety makes me want to take a couple lortabs :laugh:

When are they sending out the letters? All this anxiety makes me want to take a couple lortabs :laugh:

I think Lyanna said they would be sending out letters the first week of May...so they should be coming soon! The waiting is driving me mad!

Anyone hear anything yet?? I am not sure what part of the week the letters will be mailed out so if anyone gets one in the mail post it!

Haven't heard anything here yet. I'm stalking this forum every day for info! I just want to know!

Would be nice if SWOSU stepped up to the 21st century and utilized e-mail technology as does the rest of the other pharmacy programs. :mad:

It's so tempting to call and ask when they will be mailed out... I don't want to be that person though :(

My interview went really well too. I had a professor, alumni, and a current student. Lyanna told me if I didn't hear by May 6th then I should give her a call. No mail today, so hopefully tomorrow!!!

Congrats! I live in Texas so hopefully I will get mine tomorrow!

I'm in too! Congrats to everyone else that got accepted, it's a damn good day.

So excited for everyone who has been accepted! Where are you guys planning on living next fall? The only nice apartments I've heard about is Collegiate Station.

Yaay!! Congrats to everyone who was accepted! Does anyone know if the school lets us know what prerequisite courses we still need to meet?

ACCEPTED!!!! Now to find a place to live... Any suggestions?!?!

Flat out rejected. I'm utterly frustrated, I have 3.2 sGPA 72 PCAT and I thought I did well in the interview. For those that were accepted, what stats do you have?

Flat out rejected. I'm utterly frustrated, I have 3.2 sGPA 72 PCAT and I thought I did well in the interview. For those that were accepted, what stats do you have?

So sorry, lortab84! That's shocking because my stats are similar.

-GPA: 4.0
-PCAT: 76
-Experience: worked as a pharmacy cashier for about two years, becoming a pharmacy tech this summer
-Degree: none, just completed my pre-requisites
-Oklahoma resident
-Interview: I had a tough interviewer, very hard to read, very emotionless. I think I answered my questions well though.

I have a friend who has virtually the same stats as me and she was also accepted for the fall. What do you think happened for you to not be accepted?

What school do you go to? I know they weigh Universities higher than community. I had a really low pcat score.. But my GPA was ~3.9sci.
I wasn't sure about the interview, but I guess it went much better than I originally thought. Your pcat score should get you in if you apply in the spring..

I am on the alternate list. Has anyone been accepted to more than 1 college that will be going somewhere else?

I gave up my spot for SWOSU and will be attending OUCOP, good luck!

To those of you who got accepted,
I go to SWOSU and if you guys ever need help in anything, plz let me. This is my second semester at that school and I know you can feel overwhelmed. My email address is [email protected]

I would be glad to answer any questions regarding applying to pharmacy school and how it is when you start it.

Hey Mitra, whats the easiest way to find a place to live? I currently live in north texas and plan on moving to weatherford or surrounding cities with my boyfriend. Thanks!

There's a lot of houses and apartments here. I have rented tautfest properties. He own a lot of small houses and I pay $300. He has a furniture store that u can call him and see what he has available.

I also have some materials for sale for the first semester if you guys are interested.

I hope that helps :)

Does anyone know how the pre-reqs for SWOSU are accredited? Have any of you had trouble applying to other schools because SWOSU is smaller or lacks any regional accreditation in a certain area?

What books do you think we will need and wont need based on the list the school gives us? Also whats the best/cheapest way to obtain them?

Does anyone know how the pre-reqs for SWOSU are accredited? Have any of you had trouble applying to other schools because SWOSU is smaller or lacks any regional accreditation in a certain area?

Citation needed, please. Otherwise, I would suggest you stop spreading false information.