Systematic Review Ideas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

NewProfession

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a 2nd year AuD student who is looking for ideas for a capstone project. Audiologists: is there an area of interest that you'd like to see more research on? Perhaps a diagnostic tool or battery that is in debate? Open to all topics. Thanks.​
 
I've heard Wideband Reflectance is on the verge of being the hot new thing in diagnostic audiological batteries. I had fun doing research on noise environments of young adults this summer, but there's not a whole lot of new area to explore in that respect.

I don't know if you attend a university that works closely with cochlear implant recipients, but it would be interesting to explore before and after speech-in-noise performances for shorter-electrode recipients (not the 10mm, since it's not approved, but I think there is a shorter-than-conventional electrode that is sometimes used).