T10, T15, T20 schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhmmd

chronic sonic
Removed
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could we please stop referring to med schools like this? It goes back to USNWR top American college rankings...Before anyone jumps on me, I AM aware of this...but getting into any med school is an accomplishment. I feel like it belittles the acceptances of the majority of students who do not go to T20 schools.

Just some food for thought

P.S. Is anyone old enough to remember when II = secondary? :rofl:

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
As I like to say, there are at least 10-20 schools in the T10, and at least 30 schools in the T20.

I'm amused by people who even use the term "T50", because then you're getting to pretty much any MD school in the US except CNU.

And if you ask five people which schools are in the T5, you'll get six different answers

Reactions: 6 users
Could we please stop referring to med schools like this? It goes back to USNWR top American college rankings...Before anyone jumps on me, I AM aware of this...but getting into any med school is an accomplishment. I feel like it belittles the acceptances of the majority of students who do not go to T20 schools.

So we will only stick with T5?😝

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Yes, getting into any school is an accomplishment but not all schools are of equal competitiveness for admission and so placing the schools in tiers helps to avoid tears.

Reactions: 2 users
I find it particularly funny when people choose that school's current rank and make it a moniker. i.e. "I got into a really great T17 school"

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Yes, getting into any school is an accomplishment but not all schools are of equal competitiveness for admission and so placing the schools in tiers helps to avoid tears.
Tiers > Fears?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users