T20 schools with most generous merit aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

It’s Over!!!

Reaction score
Does anyone have a sense of the T20 schools with the most generous merit aid? Obviously there is NYU with free tuition and UCLA with Geffen. I've also heard UChicago is very generous with merit aid. Any others?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
WashU has lots of merit scholarships, and Vanderbilt gives out some 75% and full tuition scholarships with acceptances. Penn has the full tuition 21st century scholarships, but there are only like 30 of those and they seemed to give a lot less merit aid last year than they had historically. Yale just started doing merit scholarships, but I think they gave only 4 of them in their first year so it's a real long shot. The University of Michigan I hear is pretty good about matching merit scholarships, and I think some of them go beyond full tuition. NYU is obviously tuition free for all with free health insurance, then debt free based on financial need. Columbia and Cornell are both debt free, but it's need-based and not merit based. Mayo gives some scholarships, but I think in recent years it's been less than it has been historically and I think the AZ campus gives more than Rochester (probably as a recruitment strategy). Feinberg also gives merit scholarships in the spring, but I don't know many details beyond that. Duke also gives merit scholarships, but I didn't apply there so I have no details. I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones I know about.
Wow thank you!

Does anyone have a sense of the T20 schools with the most generous merit aid? Obviously there is NYU with free tuition and UCLA with Geffen. I've also heard UChicago is very generous with merit aid. Any others?

Thanks!

Yeah its WashU