take notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

highlyfavored

obligated to serve God...
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you guys bring something (nice leather portfolio) to your interviews to take notes during the info sessions?

Members don't see this ad.

animal_lover said:
Did you guys bring something (nice leather portfolio) to your interviews to take notes during the info sessions?

You don't have to... Usually they give you a folder with informational packets included.. When I went to my interviews, I just brought my purse and pen (I brought my mechanical pencil/eraser also - I can't deal with #2 pencils)... Others brought them, others didnt... Just your preference.

I brought a "portfolder" on all three interviews and didn't need it for any of them. It made me feel secure to hold on to something though! :)

I think it makes you look prepared. But, don't expect to use it much except to jot down the contact info for the people you meet during the interview process. Keep it to something small like a legal pad or clipboard. Don't lug in a bound notebook or 3 ring binder or something tacky like that.