Oct 1, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi I was wondering if it would look bad for med school if I took next semester off? I would still be able to graduate on time w/o any packed semesters and I've been getting good grades in my classes so far. I also have taken all the prereqs already. I just want to take it off to have one less semester of online school and I figured I could use that time for ECs and studying for the MCAT.

Aug 11, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I took off the spring of my third (of five) year. I hiked the Appalachian Trail, had a great time, met lots of interesting people, and got some good essay-prompt/interview-question experiences.

I never got the impression that taking the time off was seen negatively.

Reactions: 1 user

MedSchoolTutors

Top MCAT/USMLE/COMLEX Tutors Answer Your Questions
Vendor
Apr 25, 2019
www.medschooltutors.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
  2. Resident [Any Field]
  3. Attending Physician
I took off the spring of my third (of five) year. I hiked the Appalachian Trail, had a great time, met lots of interesting people, and got some good essay-prompt/interview-question experiences.

I never got the impression that taking the time off was seen negatively.
This. If you do something interesting with it, it becomes a feature, not a bug. Sure, study for the MCAT, but make it more than a work vacation and you'll get some depth to your experiences and perhaps a good story out of it.

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads