Take the initiative?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc2019

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm an incoming freshman and I just logged onto my classes' online part. (You know like the grading, assignment part of a course where professors post your grades and assignments.) I start college on September 3 but he's already posted 4 homework assignments. They're due September 6 but I'm so bored right now and I want to do them now. I have my textbook and the homework is online-based. (I submit the homework online.) should I take the initiative and do the homework now or will my professor be mad because I didn't wait for him to assign it in class.

Members don't see this ad.

Idk how your prof is going to get students to do 4 assignments in only 3 days after school...if you're really that bored I would do them on a piece of paper and just hold on to it- don't submit anything online.

Yeah, I agree with GCS-15. Do the homework but wait to submit it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Spotted: That guy.

Don't be that guy.

Reactions: 5 users
Yeah I think the professor probably just posted it online but may change the dates later.

And Chipster what kind of guy am I representing lol.

If the assignment is already on the e-portal, why on earth would he be mad???????

So I'm an incoming freshman and I just logged onto my classes' online part. (You know like the grading, assignment part of a course where professors post your grades and assignments.) I start college on September 3 but he's already posted 4 homework assignments. They're due September 6 but I'm so bored right now and I want to do them now. I have my textbook and the homework is online-based. (I submit the homework online.) should I take the initiative and do the homework now or will my professor be mad because I didn't wait for him to assign it in class.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know. I'll just not do it.

Freshmen are funny.

Reactions: 7 users
This whole post gives me anxiety.

Reactions: 2 users
Your professor will laugh at you and call you a dweeb if you submit it now. Always submit your assignments a day or two late to show that you're cool

Reactions: 1 user
have they sent a message about that? Would be worth it to send an email over about the unrealisticness of it. A lot of professors are just trying to get everything setup. Usually the first day when the class moans, the professor shifts some of the assignments. Nevertheless, you will have to do them eventually so why not do like the first assignment so you have less to worry about?

Your professor will laugh at you and call you a dweeb if you submit it now. Always submit your assignments a day or two late to show that you're cool

Dweeb? **** I haven't even heard that word since like 2001.

Thanks for the advice! So gonna fail my bio class to be cool!

Thanks for the advice! So gonna fail my bio class to be cool!
Adcoms value upward trends so an F is definitely where you want to start. F-->D? Upward trend, b****es