Taken research for credit with a prof, could this count as a science LOR

Started by LaCasta
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LaCasta

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did biochem research with a prof at my school last semester and will most likely continue with him all of next year. I did the research for credit (although it was only 1 credit hour). If I get an LOR from him, could I count this as one of the required science LORs?
 
I certaintly used my PI as a science LOR- they know you much better than any prof in a 200-kid science lecture anyways, right?

I say go for it!
 
I certaintly used my PI as a science LOR- they know you much better than any prof in a 200-kid science lecture anyways, right?

I say go for it!

So if you took it for credit, do you also write about research in one of the fifteen EC's?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Some schools will specifically ask for a letter from someone who taught you in a lecture. So just be aware of each schools' requirements.