Taking 10 credits?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Draxula

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would taking 10 credits for a single semester be frowned upon? I'm currently having issues with financial aid and taking an additional class would really put me in a tight position.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry about it

Taking 10 credits could also impact your financial aid and disqualify you for most of it since you are not a full-time student. Check with the FA office to make sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Taking 10 credits could also impact your financial aid and disqualify you for most of it since you are not a full-time student. Check with the FA office to make sure.
I need to be at least half time to stay in good standing. I'm gonna use this extra time to volunteer and start reviewing for the DAT

Would taking 10 credits for a single semester be frowned upon? I'm currently having issues with financial aid and taking an additional class would really put me in a tight position.

Lol I just asked our pre-health advisor about this because I was wondering myself. Here's what she responded (I'm copy/pasting her email):

My question was: "Hello, Do dental schools require or recommend students to be "full-time" all throughout college?"
Her answer: "Most typically we recommend continuing with 2 sciences and 15-17 credits per semester until students get a seat. However we do not recommend going into excess hours to do so. If you are reaching excess hours then just finish what you need."

(I would have to pay extra $ if I take more credits because I have reached the allowed credit hour limit.)

I already applied though.

Lol I just asked our pre-health advisor about this because I was wondering myself. Here's what she responded (I'm copy/pasting her email):

My question was: "Hello, Do dental schools require or recommend students to be "full-time" all throughout college?"
Her answer: "Most typically we recommend continuing with 2 sciences and 15-17 credits per semester until students get a seat. However we do not recommend going into excess hours to do so. If you are reaching excess hours then just finish what you need."

(I would have to pay extra $ if I take more credits because I have reached the allowed credit hour limit.)

I already applied though.

I am in 6...there are only so many science courses to take and so much financial aid to be granted haha

Reactions: 1 users