Draxula

5+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2012
Hoth
Status
Pre-Dental
Would taking 10 credits for a single semester be frowned upon? I'm currently having issues with financial aid and taking an additional class would really put me in a tight position.

Nov 22, 2014
Status
Non-Student
Taking 10 credits could also impact your financial aid and disqualify you for most of it since you are not a full-time student. Check with the FA office to make sure.

OP
Draxula

Draxula

5+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2012
Hoth
Status
Pre-Dental
Taking 10 credits could also impact your financial aid and disqualify you for most of it since you are not a full-time student. Check with the FA office to make sure.
I need to be at least half time to stay in good standing. I'm gonna use this extra time to volunteer and start reviewing for the DAT

swindoll

5+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2013
USA
Would taking 10 credits for a single semester be frowned upon? I'm currently having issues with financial aid and taking an additional class would really put me in a tight position.

Lol I just asked our pre-health advisor about this because I was wondering myself. Here's what she responded (I'm copy/pasting her email):

My question was: "Hello, Do dental schools require or recommend students to be "full-time" all throughout college?"
Her answer: "Most typically we recommend continuing with 2 sciences and 15-17 credits per semester until students get a seat. However we do not recommend going into excess hours to do so. If you are reaching excess hours then just finish what you need."

(I would have to pay extra $ if I take more credits because I have reached the allowed credit hour limit.)

I already applied though.

May 19, 2015
CA NY FL OH MI DC THE MOON - I get around
Status
Pre-Dental
Lol I just asked our pre-health advisor about this because I was wondering myself. Here's what she responded (I'm copy/pasting her email):

My question was: "Hello, Do dental schools require or recommend students to be "full-time" all throughout college?"
Her answer: "Most typically we recommend continuing with 2 sciences and 15-17 credits per semester until students get a seat. However we do not recommend going into excess hours to do so. If you are reaching excess hours then just finish what you need."

(I would have to pay extra $ if I take more credits because I have reached the allowed credit hour limit.)

I already applied though.
I am in 6...there are only so many science courses to take and so much financial aid to be granted haha