Taking 4 lab sciences in a semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mavs88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this advisable at all? I don't have a job and don't go out much so most of my time is for studying.

I'm considering OchemII, BioII, Genetics, Microbiology for the Spring semester. I've already taken AP Bio so the two upper level biologys before Bio II are not a big deal.

Who else has taken 4 labs at once with the lecture...how was it?

I just want to do it because at this point I'm down to just science courses basically and Genetics and Micro are prereqs to all the upper levels at my school...so if I knock them both out in spring I can move to 3000-4000 levels in the next fall.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

sounds awful and time consuming

Members don't see this ad :)
Science labs are part of God's punishment to us for disobeying and eating from the Tree of Knowledge.

I wouldn't do it. In all the science classes I've taken the biggest risk to my grade was from the lab. Assigned and random lab partners, flighty or just out-there TA's, there's so much risk that each one you add compounds and confounds your planning. They are HUGE HUGE time sinks. Plus, most of them are out of sync with lecture classes which only adds to your grief.

This would have been disastrous for me when I was in UG the first time around but I'm pretty sure I could handle it now. Just keep eating your pancakes.

Is this advisable at all? I don't have a job and don't go out much so most of my time is for studying.

I'm considering OchemII, BioII, Genetics, Microbiology for the Spring semester. I've already taken AP Bio so the two upper level biologys before Bio II are not a big deal.

Who else has taken 4 labs at once with the lecture...how was it?

I just want to do it because at this point I'm down to just science courses basically and Genetics and Micro are prereqs to all the upper levels at my school...so if I knock them both out in spring I can move to 3000-4000 levels in the next fall.

Thoughts?

I took 2 labs at once and that was rough. I think the max I would ever do is 3.

Pick up a hobby man!

Not advisable, 2 labs are hard enough. 4 sounds like suicide, especially that genetics lab. But no job, no outside activities, could be doable.

Last edited:
pick up a hobby man!

Not advisable, 2 labs are hard enough. 4 sounds like suicide, especially that immunology lab. But no job, no outside activities, could be doable.

+1

science labs are part of god's punishment to us for disobeying and eating from the tree of knowledge.

I wouldn't do it. In all the science classes i've taken the biggest risk to my grade was from the lab. Assigned and random lab partners, flighty or just out-there ta's, there's so much risk that each one you add compounds and confounds your planning. They are huge huge time sinks. Plus, most of them are out of sync with lecture classes which only adds to your grief.

qft

I'm taking 1 credit Orgo I lab and it's hell, so much work. Interesting labs and not too difficult but just a lot of work.

Thanks for the input, I will replace Microbiology for Stats so down to 3 labs.

Have any of you taken two lab courses in the same summer session? One being Physics and one being Anaomy? lecture 5 times a week...lab twice a week for a month....I think it's fairly manageable.

dont do it
i took 3 labs in a semester and it was sucky
nobody likes writing those lab reports