1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Taking a Practice CBT at the Test Center...

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Zona Pellucida, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Zona Pellucida

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Is it possible to take a Practice AAMC CBT at the actual test center you will be taking the MCAT at?

I was just curious if anyone has done so and wanted to ask here before calling and sounding like a maniac.

Thanks

2. Revilla

Revilla New Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    You can call and ask to be sure, but I know that my testing center is used for other things -- PCAT, GRE, GMAT, state licensing exams, etc. So I'm pretty sure the answer would be no. I doubt they want to mix and mingle people taking practice tests with people taking real proctored exams.

3. 229141

Pre-Medical
    That is such a good idea, wow I wanna ask now

4. eva55

Pre-Medical
    You can do the test and then just void it...but you will loose your money

5. swamprat

Physician Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Yeah and I think medical schools know that you voided a test... if that means anything. (at least thats what my advisor said)

6. Revilla

Revilla New Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    No, medical schools won't know if you void a test. But the OP wasn't talking about taking the real thing. He/she was talking about a practice test at the testing center. There's no point in taking the real MCAT and then voiding it if you're doing it for practice since you won't know your score. Once you void, the test isn't even scored.

OP, I think you have to call your testing center. Don't be surprised if they say no. I don't think it's possible for them to accommodate people who want to take a practice test there since they test all kinds of other programs/certificates during non-MCAT test days.

7. Zona Pellucida

7+ Year Member

Medical Student

Worst.

Idea.

Ever.

:p

But thanks for the responses everyone...

I bet i'll get shot down but I'll call anyways to check

Thanks

8. TooMuchResearch

TooMuchResearch i'm goin' to Kathmandu...
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Never. Trust. Your. Advisor. Your advisor is wrong. The schools will know if you took the test and had it scored. They will not know if you voided unless you make it a point to tell them, and there is no reason for you to do that.