Taking a Practice CBT at the Test Center...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zona Pellucida

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to take a Practice AAMC CBT at the actual test center you will be taking the MCAT at?

I was just curious if anyone has done so and wanted to ask here before calling and sounding like a maniac.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You can call and ask to be sure, but I know that my testing center is used for other things -- PCAT, GRE, GMAT, state licensing exams, etc. So I'm pretty sure the answer would be no. I doubt they want to mix and mingle people taking practice tests with people taking real proctored exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, medical schools won't know if you void a test. But the OP wasn't talking about taking the real thing. He/she was talking about a practice test at the testing center. There's no point in taking the real MCAT and then voiding it if you're doing it for practice since you won't know your score. Once you void, the test isn't even scored.

OP, I think you have to call your testing center. Don't be surprised if they say no. I don't think it's possible for them to accommodate people who want to take a practice test there since they test all kinds of other programs/certificates during non-MCAT test days.

Yeah and I think medical schools know that you voided a test... if that means anything. (at least thats what my advisor said)

Never. Trust. Your. Advisor. Your advisor is wrong. The schools will know if you took the test and had it scored. They will not know if you voided unless you make it a point to tell them, and there is no reason for you to do that.