DrStraggler

Sep 2, 2011
In a study carrel stuck in a dark library
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
My school has an early acceptance agreement with George Washington School of Medicine and apart from the fact that it's extremely expensive, I know nothing about it.

There are (2) programs offered at my school, one with GW and the other with the Medical College of Virginia (VCU), a school that I would most definitely prefer to attend (As I am a VA Resident), however...

The program with GW accepts an unlimited amount of students (Usually 3-4 apply, I got to a Business-oriented school) , and the program with VCU accepts 2 students (and almost 10 of the best applicants at my school, 4.0's apply). So obviously, my chances of getting into GW are better.

Both programs are non-binding. However, I have some reservations about GW.

I heard a while back that the school was under investigation for having their medical education license or accreditation suspended or something revoked, I mean if that had happened to me while I was attending, I'd go nuts. I want to go to a stable medical college and get my degree and get out, and have no one raise a question about the validity of my degree.

That being said, which program do you guys think I should apply to (I can only apply to one).

Thanks for the advice, I really and truly appreciate it!

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
No risk, I'd go to VCU. I don't think the cost is worth it if you have a cheaper option like VCU.

About the Ads

Marge

Removed
Apr 23, 2012
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
VCU. You get in-state tuition = less debt = more money spent on speedboats and motorcycles.

But OP said the 4.0 studs apply to VCU, and they only accept 2 early decision. Unless OP is a 4.0 / 35 / 2000 volunteer hours / 200 shadowing hours / 3 pubs gunner, I think she should apply ED to GWU only, and if she's not comfortable with GWU, then she should not apply ED anywhere.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.