Taking a semester off

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cjrawrdan

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I would have be going into my 4th semester this coming Fall, but must take off due to family problems. I was wondering what I could do in my free time to possibly give me a little bump with medical school admissions. Let it be known, though, that I am nowhere close to applying to medical schools; just looking for something to do that could possibly give me benefit. Whether it be research, or learning a new skill.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

How are your ECs? Volunteer at a hospice or hospital? How about a homeless shelter or soup kitchen? Are you going to take any courses at all.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Do something cool. Something different. Something that makes you interesting. Something that you can write most meaningful essays about. Something that will monopolize the discussion in an interview so you can direct it towards your strengths instead of weaknesses.

Just don't ask what 'something' is haha

Hello all,

I would have be going into my 4th semester this coming Fall, but must take off due to family problems. I was wondering what I could do in my free time to possibly give me a little bump with medical school admissions. Let it be known, though, that I am nowhere close to applying to medical schools; just looking for something to do that could possibly give me benefit. Whether it be research, or learning a new skill.

Thanks.
Service to others less fortunate than yourself.