pharmcas514

10+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
I was working at a community pharmacy while attending college, but quit after I graduated so I could move back home and save some money for rent. I did not think it would be so hard to find another pharmacy job back at home. It's been almost a month and I am still searching. I am looking into other jobs now as well, especially becoming a middle school/ high school tutor/mentor. What do you think? Still continue to look for a pharmacy job or try this option? Would this be frowned upon by pharmacy schools when they discover that I did nothing pharmacy-related during my year off?

JerryPharmD

Salt Miner
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 7, 2006
AZ
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
Tutoring/academic/research assisting is the next best thing to working in a pharmacy for application sake, in my opinion. (I also did tutoring and lab assisting in addition to pharm tech work pre-acceptance). I would pursue both choices and run with whichever one comes around for you.

I believe that the clichè, "you can't lose," applies to your current situation.

Good luck! :)

bananaface

Pharmacy Supernerd
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2004
gone to seed
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
The point of working pharmacy before school is to get a feel for what the profession is like. You have that already. If you can't get a local pharm job, then get another job. If you are asked about it at an interview, you have a reasonable explanation. There is no point in worrying about what you have no control over.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.