Taking April Mcat while still taking Physics II and Orgo II + Lab?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

karlin009

5 more minutes..
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible or am I dreaming?
:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I dunno if you're dreaming...I guess it's possible though, cuz that's what I'm doing. I'll let you know how it worked out in 3 weeks, lol.

I'm already planning to take the MCAT again in August. I'm just taking it now so that I know what I'm up against in August.

raDiONut :cool:

I think you can definitely do it material-wise. Mainly because the Physics II and Orgo II material on the exam is not nearly as in depth as you need to know it for your classes, and if you do not know it already, you can become familiar with EK or Kaplan, etc. info (that's what those materials are there for...those who have forgotten or never really learned it)

However, that is quite a work load. And unless you feel you can effectively balance it all without letting the grades of those core classes or the MCAT suffer as a result of having too much on your plate, you may want to consider taking it in Aug. or taking it when your class-load is a little more slack. Although a lot of people do it that way and get by just fine, it just adds more stress to an already stressful situation having a lot of other stuff going on. Just my 2 cents. Good luck with whatever you decide! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am taking it in April with Bio II, Orgo II and a bunch of other GE's... not too bad, although I have completely neglected my school work for this beast... it's doable though, just gotta schedule and most importantly, follow that schedule religiously.

I'm a post-bac and I'm doing it. Just remain focussed and budget your time. I study for the MCAT about 6 hours/day and study for my classes about 2 hours/day alternating days. My classes are complimentary to the MCAT work so I'm not super worried about "reviewing" new material. Just know that you need to give up partying or major travel this semster to do it, and warn your friends, so you'll still have them when you're done (if they're true friends, they'll understand).

I'm taking Organic 2 now and the April MCAT. It won't be a problem.

It might even be better because you learned the material very recently. In my Princeton Review class most others had forgotten all the organic material, and I just learned it a few weeks prior.