Taking classes in addition to ones listed on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicineForLife 777

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If we're taking classes during this next school year and we didn't list them on AMCAS, are we to notify AMCAS and/or the individual schools of this addition? If so, how do we go about doing this?

Members don't see this ad.

I think we are supposed to forward the updated transcripts to the medical schools. I am only going to do it if I recieve an interview and they request the materials. Biochem and HPChem this summer, A's in both (should help, but to be perfectly honest I dont have the 20 dollars per school to forward them...my resources have been exhausted)

TPROrgoTutor said:
I think we are supposed to forward the updated transcripts to the medical schools. I am only going to do it if I recieve an interview and they request the materials. Biochem and HPChem this summer, A's in both (should help, but to be perfectly honest I dont have the 20 dollars per school to forward them...my resources have been exhausted)

Yikes! That is pretty steep! Do you know if we have to notify the schools first of the addition and then send the transcript? Or do we just send the transcript and they'll figure it out.

Anyone know of any alternative ways to notify the schools of class additions?