Taking DAT in a week, and worried about RC.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

futuredds__

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I am taking DAT in a week, and I just took 2007 DAT.
I got

Bio 18
Gen chem 25
O chem 25
PAT 21
RC 17
QR 23

I am really worried about RC. I've been taking practice exams, my RC scores are not very consistent (20, 19, 24, 17, 17). Ever since I started getting 17s I was so discouraged and I can't really focus on RC parts. I need to get at least 17+ in this section.
English is my second language so maybe that's why I struggle in this section.

My strategy for this section is to S&D!

Do you guys have any advice or tips for RC?

Thanks!!
 
Last edited:
honestly, what helped me the most is marking and skipping ones that I couldn't find. I would still have that question in the back of my head and would go back to it if I find the answer later in the passage. dont be stubborn and waste your time on a single question.

I usually look for answers for 2 or 3 questions at a time. It helps me speed through it.