Taking easy classes to boost gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Richanesthesiologist

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a sophomore at a large public university currently have a very low BCPM GPA (3.81) and am very disappointed with it. All my other friends have 3.9+ GPAs. What I'm really mad about is how one class (upper level microbiology), was responsible for dropping me from a 3.91 to a 3.81 cause I bombed the last exam (I was doing fine the first three exams).

I was wondering what are your thoughts on taking 3 1000 level chemistry classes, 3 1000 level bio courses, and 3 1000 level physics classes (these are classes reserved for people without background in science and freshman who don't intend to major in science). I also am planning to take easy animal science and this easy entomology class. I might also take college algebra, trig, precalc, etc. even though I should be at diff eq. with my math level. In total, this will be 40+ easy science credits that can lift me from a 3.8 to a 3.9+ if I get A's in all of them and even buffer against some of the other science classes I have to take for my biochemistry major.

I only will have to take 7-9 credits a semester for my major so I was going to fill in the rest with these science classes.

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

currently have a very low BCPM GPA (3.81)
No you don't. Saying that means you're either clueless or humblebragging. Neither is a good look. (I'd go with "clueless"; it's less douchey.)

I was wondering what are your thoughts on taking 3 1000 level chemistry classes, 3 1000 level bio courses, and 3 1000 level physics classes (these are classes reserved for people without background in science and freshman who don't intend to major in science). I also am planning to take easy animal science and this easy entomology class. I might also take college algebra, trig, precalc, etc. even though I should be at diff eq. with my math level. In total, this will be 40+ easy science credits that can lift me from a 3.8 to a 3.9+ if I get A's in all of them and even buffer against some of the other science classes I have to take for my biochemistry major.
You'd be nuts to do this. Take something fun like a PE or dance course, or something else that you enjoy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
I don't think it'll look that good. Take some upper division courses and ace them. No need for this and med schools will see that you took 1000 level courses when you've previously completed 3-4000 level coursework...

Members don't see this ad :)
I have ~3.6 BCPM and going for my 5th med school interview on Thursday. You'll be fine.

Reactions: 3 users
:troll:

Reactions: 7 users
I am a sophomore at a large public university currently have a very low BCPM GPA (3.81) and am very disappointed with it. All my other friends have 3.9+ GPAs. What I'm really mad about is how one class (upper level microbiology), was responsible for dropping me from a 3.91 to a 3.81 cause I bombed the last exam (I was doing fine the first three exams).

I only will have to take 7-9 credits a semester for my major so I was going to fill in the rest with these science classes.

Thanks,
For you, I'll recommend the Carib schools.

Reactions: 18 users

Thanks,

Youre either
1. A troll
2. Lying, because that level of ******ed cannot possibly get a 3.8 gpa
3. Im wrong in which case focus on just maintaining above a 3.7 and then other add ons besides academics to your application

Reactions: 4 users
Read his past posts, OP is not joking.

Anyways, I do recommend you do all of that if you want a 3.9+ on your BCPM. I do not recommend you do all of that if you're premed.

Too little too late try nursing instead

Reactions: 1 users
You don't have to take intro 1000 level bio/chem/physics classes cause that just looks extremely stupid. There should be plenty of "easy" classes that you can take like geology or astronomy or nutrition that are pretty simple and fun (maybe even educational) to take and doesn't make it seem like you're gaming the system.

Reactions: 1 users
Man. And I thought I was neurotic...

In all seriousness though OP, don't do this. It is not worth it. They will see that you took these 1000 level courses after already completing 3000 level courses. Just take some upper division courses and do well in them. A 3.81 GPA aint bad either.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewer: "Why did you take college algebra?"

Student: "I came up with a 40 easy science credit plan to raise my GPA from 3.8 to 3.9"..."impressed?"

Interviewer: :bow:

Reactions: 2 users