Taking Luggage to an Interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

banannie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What am I supposed to do with my stuff when I go to an interview?
My first interview is at NJMS next week, and they don't have a student-host program. I'll be staying with some friends in NYC the night before, but it's really too much trouble to go all the way back to their place after the interview, before I head home to Boston.

If any of you have been in a similar situation, how did you handle it? I don't want to show up at the admissions office and ask the people there if they can hold on to my bag of dirty clothes while I go interview! Or, drag my bag of dirty clothes into the interview!

Does anyone live in Newark, and if so, can I leave my stuff with you? :) Just kiddin!

Members don't see this ad.

if you have a car, leave it in your trunk.

else,
most schools understand that people come with baggage (of all kinds <g>) and have a place to store an overnight bag or suitcase for the day's applicants.

I've never had to do it myself, but honestly at every interview I've been to, there's been someone who needed to store luggage at the admissions office. I don't think it's a big deal at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
there is always space to store your baggage - don't worry about it. if you ask real nice they even do laundry for you

Just ask the secretary if she has a place you can put your luggage. they are used to finding places for out-of-towners suitcases. Just ask nicely.

Just don't bring a 5 piece luggage set and a trunk. they may frown on that:D :D