house2272000

7+ Year Member
May 20, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I was doing some thinking, I want to go to an MD school. What if I take the MCAT twice first time focus on the verbal and Biological Sciences Section. The second time focus one Writing and Physical Sciences section.

RogueUnicorn

rawr.
7+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I was doing some thinking, I want to go to an MD school. What if I take the MCAT twice first time focus on the verbal and Biological Sciences Section. The second time focus one Writing and Physical Sciences section.
terrible strategy as many med schools don't piece together different section grades. also implicitly admitting you are unable to score well on the mcat without some sort of clever ruse. in either case, unhealthy. there's no shortcut.

Chemdude

10+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
20 bucks says this thread will be transferred to the MCAT forum...

KeyzerSoze

Scrambled Member
10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Good idea. MD schools are looking for students who will take the USMLE's 11 times, each time concentrating on a different organ system.

Baboo Bhaiya

Thoreau to Spinoza
5+ Year Member
May 14, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Thanks for the laugh people

LostInStudy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Really not a good strategy. Plan to take the MCAT once and only once. It seems like a lot but it's really not that much. You can probably knock out each content section in about a week on average and maybe practice test for another month for a minimum of 2 months. Once you start studying and see a week go by you will know that 2 months is no time at all. This is, of course, if you're willing to put in about 8-10 hours per day. The days fly by once you start studying.

Hope this helped,

-LIS