Taking O-Chem 1 and 2 over summer.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StraightShooter

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So basically I have an option to take O-Chem in the summer. I am enrolled in a community college, and already filled out a summer session for the University close by.

So I could take O-Chem 1 and 2 over the summer, along with Gen chem 3(quarter system schools)
So summer would be:
-O-Chem 1 and 2(1 month classes each)
-Chem 3(2 months)

Then Fall:
-Bio 1
-O-Chem 3
-A&P

I would have to take General Chem 3 concurrent in order to enroll into O-Chem.

The reason I am considering this, is because in order to transfer for science majors, I need to have O-chem completed and do not want to take it at my cc. Being a non-matric at the university, I could get into the Fall offering, or not, it all depends if it fills up

Should I do it?

Members don't see this ad.

I am sort of in the same boat here.

I am between taking physics I and II over the summer, or taking ochem I and II over the summer. Anyone have any insight about which would be easier?

Hm...that is a tough situation. I am in my last semester of orgo now and it is hard as hell. I am doing pretty well and I have the toughest prof. at my univ...he is a great professor- just very difficult. I really could not imagine taking orgo over the summer and covering all the material in 5 weeks that should be covered in four months. I think it really depends on who is teaching the class. If the professor isn't bad then it would not be as bad- whenever you decide to take it, I would recommend getting the organic chem as a second language help books...they help simplify concepts. good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Or should I just take it during fall in which my schedule will be:

Fall:
Bio 1
A&P
OChem 1
(physics possible)

Then summer:
Stats
Gen Chem 3
(filler course)