Dec 29, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I am currently registered to take calculus at my community college at home over the summer. I did this because I want to have more room in my schedule to possibly pick up a third minor later in my college career, and my scholarship to my university only covers fall and winter semesters. Taking the class at my community college saves me $1500, but will medical schools look down on the one credit if all of my others were taken at my university?

D

deleted947265

Most schools don't require calculus so it's not a big issue. Few schools are going to require calculus and not accept community college credits. I don't know why taking Calculus in the summer at a community college to save money would be looked at as a big red flag but I'm not an adcom so...

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

OchemOficionado

2+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2016
Status
  1. Medical Student
I can only think of one school off the top of my head that requires calculus (Harvard), but there could be more and that could have changed. Either way, I don’t think it’s a big deal at all. You’ll be fine.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads