Taking physics courses out of sequence seen as a red flag?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

6'4ontinder

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear SDN community,
Ive been taking courses through an University supported extension program that has waived perquisites for a majority of the classes. I was taking a three quarter long physics sequence but had to withdraw earlier (without a W) due to multiple coworkers quitting and me absorbing their responsibilities. I was able to build a decent rapport with the teacher and he was kind enough to send me the course material/slides despite me withdrawing.

In the upcoming quarter the same professor is teaching the second section of the physics class and I have the opportunity to take it with him despite not formally getting a grade in Physics-1. The other option is re-enrolling in physics 1 this upcoming quarter but with a professor multiple people have told me to avoid. The next time I can enroll in Physics-1 would be a year from now and that is ok with me because I would just have that course left while I study for the MCAT.

Would it be unwise to have it on my transcripts a physics course sequence of 2, 3, 1? Is it a red flag to an ADCOM? I am open to any suggestions.
Have a great week!