taking post-bacc classes while applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kwangsung

Reaction score
I'm currently applying to med schools right now, but I want to enroll in some graduate level science courses as a non-degree seeking student for this Fall semester to boost my science GPA. I want to prepare myself in case I don't get accepted this cycle and be more competitive for next year, but I was wondering if it would be possible to send the transcript of these grades to update schools at the end of the semester and have that to add to my current application? Can't tell if this is normal for people to do...

Do I have to send the post-bacc transcript to AACOMAS and AMCAS at the end of the semester to have them verify it again or can I send the transcript directly to the schools?

Also, I know i've been reading threads about people saying to take upperlevel science courses for post-bacc but would this mean like undergraduate 4000+ classes or graduate level 6000+ courses?

Thank you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Graduate level courses will not help you AMCAS sGPA or cGPA. Courses completed at the graduate level would be listed separately. If your looking to increase your stats, take undergraduate science courses. Yes, you can send updates about new course completions to schools.

Reactions: 1 user