Taking Precalculus + Intro to Chem this summer - may drop Precalc, need advice.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pollster90

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a student starting post-bacc in the Fall. At the urging of the post-bacc program, I enrolled in a Precalculus and Intro to Chem class at a local community college.

That makes my day about 8 hours worth of lecture time for both classes, as the summer semester is only about 6 weeks. It just started but I'm already finding it extremely grueling, both mentally and physically. I don't feel like I'm setting myself up for success in terms of grades- the last thing I'd want is to start my post-bacc career by getting B's or worse in these classes.

I'm thinking of dropping the pre-calculus course and studying it on my own or taking an online class.

Do Adcoms factor in community college prep classes like this into a GPA? I was also counting on them as "easy"-ish classes that could boost my GPA as my undergrad one wasn't too great.

Is it wise to just drop pre-calc and focus on intro to chem?