Taking Prereqs post grad!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jkbaltimore

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!
So I just realized I'm going to have to take Microbio and Human Anatomy/Physiology because a bunch of the schools I'm applying to require it.
Here's the deal though.
I know that I can just list these courses as things I'm going to take...
But, I just graduated from undergrad and would have to take them at a local university... but I don't know where. What should I do?

Members don't see this ad.

Find a place to take it... you can always enroll to take post-bacc classes at your local university/college.

Hi!
So I just realized I'm going to have to take Microbio and Human Anatomy/Physiology because a bunch of the schools I'm applying to require it.
Here's the deal though.
I know that I can just list these courses as things I'm going to take...
But, I just graduated from undergrad and would have to take them at a local university... but I don't know where. What should I do?
There are plenty of schools in your area, so I wouldn't think it mattered where. You're not applying as a degree seeking student.

Members don't see this ad :)
If the university/semester I write that I'll take these course changes after I submit, will I be penalized?
Nope, also, assuming that you would figure this out by the first mail out date in late June, you have the opportunity to edit any planned coursework before your application is mailed out to all the schools. If you don't figure it out by this July, you have the opportunity to do an academic update in November as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Nope, also, assuming that you would figure this out by the first mail out date in late June, you have the opportunity to edit any planned coursework before your application is mailed out to all the schools. If you don't figure it out by this July, you have the opportunity to do an academic update in November as well.

Bless you!! Thanks for the help <3
I swear, SDN is trillions of times more helpful than our prehealth advisors.

Bless you!! Thanks for the help <3
I swear, SDN is trillions of times more helpful than our prehealth advisors.

LOL, we have a total of 2-3 pre-health advisers at our school for thousands of pre-health students who need help. You could imagine the advising quality in general. But I have developed a relationship with my advisers, so they know me very well. What you get from your advisers is what you put in, they are not wikipedia waiting to answer your questions. I do agree SDN is more helpful and faster to get a response if you are confused

LOL, we have a total of 2-3 pre-health advisers at our school for thousands of pre-health students who need help. You could imagine the advising quality in general. But I have developed a relationship with my advisers, so they know me very well. What you get from your advisers is what you put in, they are not wikipedia waiting to answer your questions. I do agree SDN is more helpful and faster to get a response if you are confused

We have regular academic advisors we can meet with (who don't specialize in a specific concentration/path), but our prehealth advisors are just a group of people who reply to emails. We don't get to meet with them...