Taking Some Classes at CC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roxasblade

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I currently graduated from UCSC with a 3.28 and went to UCI extension to retake some course Molecular Biology, OChem II, Physics 3C, Physics 3LC, and G-Chem Lab, and received all A+ and 1 A in the courses to try and improve my GPA. I was expecting to go to DO schools and was trying to do grade replacements, but now since grade replacements were taken out, I was considering on taking upper division courses and applying to DO and MD.
I'm currently enrolled in Genetics, Physics I, and Sociology at a CC right now to help me on the MCAT. Would that look bad, even if I get straight A's at CCs? UCI will NOT let me take those courses because I have already got a C in those classes, plus the cost at UCI is expensive and obtaining the courses was such a pain in the ass. In the following semesters, I was going to take an EMT course, Pathophysiology and Pharmacology at CC. I'm just wondering if taking those classes is bad at a CC? (UCI doesn't even offer pathophysio).
Also, at all the CC, physics II lab is only offered with the class. Should I go back to UCI to just take the lab, or should I just repeat the physics II/lab course at CC? I'm not sure how many physics lab I need because I have 2 quarters worth of physics lab. UCI offers only 2 physics labs, but UCSC offered 3. So should I even take the E&M physics lab?

Members don't see this ad.

In the same boat as you but don't think it should count against you since most schools really look for stats. If you do well on the mcat it shouldn't be a problem. They might just ask why you got those grades during you interview, just be able to explain

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Double check that the schools you're interested in will accept community college credit for prerequiste classes (@gonnif)

You need a total of 3 quarters of physics lab to meet the 1 year requirement, I believe