Taking some prereqs at cc and uni

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

janidani

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm currently at a university right now and I've done half of my pre-reqs and I'm planning to take the rest (w/ some science classes) at a community college due to financial issues. Will it be a problem?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I'm currently at a university right now and I've done half of my pre-reqs and I'm planning to take the rest (w/ some science classes) at a community college due to financial issues. Will it be a problem?

If your concerned with financial issues, how are you going to cover your costs in pharmacy?

Nonetheless, if a CC has the brick-n-mortar labs on site and you don’t plan on a top 10 program, most schools pertaining to pharmacy would be ok with it. Just be sure your two semester courses (Gen Chem 1-2, Organic Chem 1-2, A&P 1-2) are all taken from the same institution and not split up by two schools (ie Gen Chem 1 at a university and Gen Chem 2 at a cc).

Always call and double check with pharmacy programs as to what they’ll accept regarding where the pre-reqs are taken and if you took virtual labs vs hands-on labs.