Taking step 2 CK mid october ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blue0rchid

meh!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Due to various reasons, I have to push my step 2 CK to mid october, or even end of october. I originally scheduled it for sep 25th but can't keep that date.

I only passed all MS1, MS2, MS3. Did get a high pass on EM AI. I want to match into EM. My step 1 score is average (225).

I am freaking out because i've just read learned that step 2 ck is required for interviews. Is that true? I thought it's only required before rank list. Am I completely screwed?

Can someone tell me which EM program does not require step 2 ck, and which does (so I can cross it off my list)?

Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Bump

I don't think it's required for interviews. Almost always required for ranking you after interviews. Having said that, I am also considering postponing to get a better score. I'm not sure, but it might help to get interviews at competitive places if you show significant improvement in your Step 2cK as compared to Step 1.

EM interviews are sent out notoriously late according to our Dean so maybe it will not be that big of a deal?