Taking such science classes-good or bad idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

donkeykong1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about adding in a microbiology[3 credit] class onto my schedule but its being taught at the nursing college within my university. but i can still register for it since its an undergraduate course albeit at a different college within my university. i'm guessing this should not be a problem right?

Members don't see this ad.

i just read another read like mine posted before i got to this one[coincidence i think]. there is 4 credit molecular cell biology course offered primarily for bio majors also. similar to the other poster's situation, this second course has about 200 bio and pre-med students gunning for A's which are given to only 50/200, so i think i might have a better chance of getting an A in the other course. wouldn't it make sense to take a science class in which i'll have a better chance of getting an A in rather than a much harder class regardless of being upper level or not. i'm mainly taking such science classes to go from a 3.45scigpa to 3.6scigpa so i don't want to harm my cumgpa in the process.

Well... which one are you interested in microbiology or molecular cell biology? They are different. The nursing program at my school has a different microbiology course with a completely different syllabus (easier, slower paced) than the pre-med/bio/biochem microbiology course. But... I mean, if you're not worried about the content so much than getting an A, do whichever you think will benefit you. Personally, I would do the molecular cell biology. I liked the class and the information obtained... Plus who doesn't like a challenge :)