Taking the 7/13 MCAT too late to apply this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sdsu1990

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was originally scheduled to take the 5/30 MCAT but I ended up recently rescheduling for 7/13. I plan on applying this cycle to both MD and DO schools. I wanted to reschedule for 6/30 or 7/2, but both were filled when I tried to reschedule. I am going to try to reschedule for either the 6/20 or 7/2 once those dates get closer because I'm sure some spots will open up when people reschedule for later dates.

Does everyone think that taking the 7/13 MCAT is reasonable to apply this cycle or is it that pushing on being too late? I am also debating as to whether to submit my application in early June and then just have the schools wait for the MCAT score, or if I should wait to submit until after I take my test, or even after I get my score back.

What does everybody think?

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I was originally scheduled to take the 5/30 MCAT but I ended up recently rescheduling for 7/13. I plan on applying this cycle to both MD and DO schools. I wanted to reschedule for 6/30 or 7/2, but both were filled when I tried to reschedule. I am going to try to reschedule for either the 6/20 or 7/2 once those dates get closer because I'm sure some spots will open up when people reschedule for later dates.

Does everyone think that taking the 7/13 MCAT is reasonable to apply this cycle or is it that pushing on being too late? I am also debating as to whether to submit my application in early June and then just have the schools wait for the MCAT score, or if I should wait to submit until after I take my test, or even after I get my score back.

What does everybody think?

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Doing the same thing, but I am gonna take the MCAT on 5/30 even though I wont be ready, just to have the feeling of what it is like.

I hope 7/13 doesnt get filled up when I reschedule for it.

Many of my friends are taking it in July. We will definitely be late a bit, but we wont be TOO late, considering that med schools start looking at the apps in August, usually.