Taking the ADAT for GPR/AEGD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

princecoup

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a D3 at a pretty big dental school in the US.
My grades are pretty average (3.4 GPA, top 3rd quintile class ranking).

I'm interested in applying to GPR's (or AEGD's) this upcoming cycle 2022-2023.
I was wondering if I should take the ADAT to make myself a more competitive applicant?
I've seen on ADEA PASS' search engine that some GPR's (like Columbia/Harvard) don't require ADAT, but that it is accepted/optional.

I'm considering studying for/taking it because I don't have research, not much volunteer experience during dental school, but plenty of clinical experience.
As a result, I thought taking the ADAT (and achieving a competitive score) would make me a more competitive applicant during the GPR application process.

What do you guys think?
Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have a different take. Do it now not for GPR but if you have any inkling of wanting to specialize later.

If your GPA and class rankings are not high, a high ADAT may even things out. But doing it now while that material is fresh in your head will probably get you your best score. I took it after being out of school for 5 years and it was extremely painful to have to relearn Boards Part I stuff, and I had to do it all outside of working full time.

Reactions: 1 users