Taking the CE1 exam in two days - Have no clue

Started by Knight_MD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Knight_MD

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys,
I'm sitting for the CE1 exam in two days, and I have no clue what to expect (was busy)

From the official description, it sounds like I'll be asked to do what I usually did in 15 minutes for the USMLE Step 2 CS exam, in only 7 minutes (History + Examination).

Any advice?

Should I summarize my findings to the patient after I'm done? Is there even time for that?

Should I take the full history in 3 minutes i.e. Family, Past, Lifestyle...etc? Or just to a LIQORAAA focused on the current complaint?

Should I wash my hands before the physical exam?

How do I examine a patient's HEENT, Abd, Heart, Chest, Nerves in 3 minutes?

Any advice would help. Thanks!