Taking the MCAT one month after prereqs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perseverance7779311

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Okay so this summer, I will be taking my last two prerequisites--Physics II and Chemisty II. I plan to take the MCAT in September. September is the last date to take the MCAT so i wont be able to push the test back. If I don't take the MCAT in september, I will have to wait a whole nother year to apply. My classes will end on August 8, meaning I will have a month to prepare for the Chemistry II and Physics II part of the MCAt. Has anyone ever taken the MCAt right after finishing all of their prerequisites? Do you think this is doable? Thanks guys! :)

Members don't see this ad.

It is doable but not recommended.. most people take about 2-3 months to study for the exam alone

The plus side is that the material will be fresh in your head. If you feel like you have a firm mastery of all the material you've learned in your prereq classes so far, this schedule is very doable. If there are a lot of concepts you're weak and shaky on, a month probably won't be enough time to firm it all up. If you do this, start studying early. You can do MCAT prep stuff while you're taking your classes. That'll give you a bit more time to get used to the form of the test and everything.