Taking TPR but using Examkrakkers Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorC

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this a bad idea? I like the Examkrakkers books a lot more than princetons. I was thinking of going to lecture for the 2 1/2 hrs S-W and then using Examkrakkers Audio Osmosis along with books outside of class. How does that sound?

Members don't see this ad.

hahaha that's exactly what I'm doing now...cept I'm taking kaplan. AudioOsmosis + 1001 question books(and 101 verbal passages) + Kaplan class until around mid-march --> then straight up practice for a month

actually i'm using BOTH sets of books. here's my strategy: first, i do the princeton review reading, make notes and flashcards, and do all the workbook problems. then, i go to the examkrackers chapter that has the same material, and highlight the parts of my princeton review notes and flashcards that are ALSO covered in examkrackers. afterward, i do the examkracker problems.

i figure, with this method, i'll have a solid foundation of all the nit-picky princeton review stuff, with a focus on the most important bits (as ascertained from the EK books). . . hope it works!!

Here's a radical thought: maybe you should ask your teachers what they think. My students ask me this question regularly; my answer is probably not exactly what you would expect. If there is a way to make my students do better, I, like all other TPR teachers, am all for it. Examkrackers books have some virtue for some students, but are a poor mesh with TPR methods in some ways. You should discuss it, in detail, with your instructors before committing your MCAT performance to an untested (from your perspective) strategy.

Shrike
TPR verbal, physics, bio

Members don't see this ad :)
let me revise what i said previously: i'm using both sets of books for the bio and physical sections ONLY; for verbal i'm using just princeton review. i think the PR verbal strategies work well for me-- mapping, summarizing, etc.

IM doing the same thing. Taking TPR, using the ek books, I dont attend the classes either, since I've reviewed most of the material already anyway. I'm also following the EK 10wk study schedule, not PR's schedule...but I definitely want to do more PR problems.

*me* :thumbup:

What I say is forget all the whether it works or not jargon and just do it =D...keep learning/practicing/learning/practicing woot

KlimtOphile said:
IM doing the same thing. Taking TPR, using the ek books, I dont attend the classes either, since I've reviewed most of the material already anyway. I'm also following the EK 10wk study schedule, not PR's schedule...but I definitely want to do more PR problems.

*me* :thumbup:

what is the 10 wk study schedule? please let me know. I took PR but also bought EK because it is more clear.