Talking to admissions advisors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foreverlearner02

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am meeting with an admissions counselor from a school I am extremely interested in going to and I am wondering how much info is appropriate to share with them. I am a post-bac student so can I openly share my undergraduate gpa, cv, faculty I have connections with, and current courseload/ECs??? I have a full year ahead of me so I want input on how I can construct my postbac/app to be most appealing to this school.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I would always be skeptical of advisors and their advice. I have had terrible experiences with advisors.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You can share all the info you want but it wont help you get in just by telling them via email that you did well. You could, however, get info from them to help you shape how you present yourself to the school through your future application. Ask this advisor (AFTER READING THE SCHOOL WEBSITE) the attributes of students they want at their school and make sure you touch upon those points in your applications. Don't just say, show. Use vignettes, anecdotes in your app essays that make it obvious that helping others, being compassionate, a good listener and communicator etc. is part who you are.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you think that out of the 1000s of people they deal with, that They're going to remember you????

Touché hoping to get him to remember me as this is the third meeting and likely not the last. I was encouraged to keep following up..

You can share all the info you want but it wont help you get in just by telling them via email that you did well. You could, however, get info from them to help you shape how you present yourself to the school through your future application. Ask this advisor (AFTER READING THE SCHOOL WEBSITE) the attributes of students they want at their school and make sure you touch upon those points in your applications. Don't just say, show. Use vignettes, anecdotes in your app essays that make it obvious that helping others, being compassionate, a good listener and communicator etc. is part who you are.
Great point. Thanks for your response

Reactions: 1 user