Talking to Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pre-spring

Reaction score
Hello, so as the title says, I was wondering if I could get advice on how to contact admissions. I applied this cycle and have not gotten an interview so I was hoping I could talk to admissions about my application and get feedback from them. I see people on SDN saying they've talked to admissions and got feedback on their app and all and so was wondering how would you contact them for feedback on your application and talk to them about it to see where you can improve. Do I need to know them personally or can I just email them asking for feedback and schedule a time I could talk to them?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Send an email to the admissions office. Some schools do it, some don’t. VCU and Iowa are ones that do from what I remember reading about past applicants.

Reactions: 1 user
You are most likely to get a positive response after the dust settles in May/June. This is a crazy time in admissions offices and given that many schools are still in the process of sifting through applications and making offers, they are less likely to be receptive to your request.

It is also on you to assess your own strengths and weaknesses and make plans to ameliorate the weaknesses. This is something expected of medical students and trainees and something practicing physicians do all the time as they aim to continually improve their knowledge, skills and abilities.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, so as the title says, I was wondering if I could get advice on how to contact admissions. I applied this cycle and have not gotten an interview so I was hoping I could talk to admissions about my application and get feedback from them. I see people on SDN saying they've talked to admissions and got feedback on their app and all and so was wondering how would you contact them for feedback on your application and talk to them about it to see where you can improve. Do I need to know them personally or can I just email them asking for feedback and schedule a time I could talk to them?

Thanks
For the future, you should try to get a business card when you interview. For now, just try to contact the person you interviewed with (you should be able to look up their info on the school's website).

For the future, you should try to get a business card when you interview. For now, just try to contact the person you interviewed with (you should be able to look up their info on the school's website).
OP hasn’t had any interviews.

Haven't you gone to any recruitment open houses or fairs before applying?
Not really. I mean I went to the AAMC one online where you can talk to schools and all, but other than that haven't really gone to any.

Not really. I mean I went to the AAMC one online where you can talk to schools and all, but other than that haven't really gone to any.
IT would benefit you to do this