TAMCOD vs. Texas Tech

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biobarbie78

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’ve been fortunate enough to be accepted to Texas A&M College of Dentistry and Woody L. Hunt School of Dental Medicine. I am having the hardest time deciding, here is a list of pros and cons of each:

TAMCOD
Pros:
-established
-diversity
-tuition slightly cheaper

Cons:
-have heard students are lacking to reach clinical requirements
-do not have family there
-high cost of living

WLHSDM
Pros:
-early clinical exposure
-lots of modern dental technology
-low cost of living

Cons:
-new school, no stats on board passing rates
-no diversity
-very little traditional dentistry techniques

I am from El Paso, so my support system would be close if I stayed. On the other hand, Dallas is such a diverse and fun city. I do want to eventually practice in El Paso one day but I would really want to get my feet wet in a big city such as Dallas. Would appreciate any input thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone, I’ve been fortunate enough to be accepted to Texas A&M College of Dentistry and Woody L. Hunt School of Dental Medicine. I am having the hardest time deciding, here is a list of pros and cons of each:

TAMCOD
Pros:
-established
-diversity
-tuition slightly cheaper

Cons:
-have heard students are lacking to reach clinical requirements
-do not have family there
-high cost of living

WLHSDM
Pros:
-early clinical exposure
-lots of modern dental technology
-low cost of living

Cons:
-new school, no stats on board passing rates
-no diversity
-very little traditional dentistry techniques

I am from El Paso, so my support system would be close if I stayed. On the other hand, Dallas is such a diverse and fun city. I do want to eventually practice in El Paso one day but I would really want to get my feet wet in a big city such as Dallas. Would appreciate any input thank you :)
support system

Reactions: 1 user
How does an established dental school in a big, diverse city have students who can't finish graduation requirements?

If you are from El Paso, you could be a poster student featured in alumni magazines as someone raised there who serves patients in their hometown. You can probably get some financial aid money while a student if you do well.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
D4 at A&M. There is no struggle to finish requirements, we are competency based. If you are prevented from graduating it's because you're dangerous. That being said I'd still go to El Paso for the support network and more forward thinking curriculum.

Reactions: 2 users
D4 at A&M. There is no struggle to finish requirements, we are competency based. If you are prevented from graduating it's because you're dangerous. That being said I'd still go to El Paso for the support network and more forward thinking curriculum.

hi, can you please let me know what the clinical requirements are to graduate?