Tanked Reading, last minute advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaykumarv

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
4jnMXgV.png

23pPHhF.png

So I just took a practice pearson test, and I fell in the 1-20% on reading :(
Last minute advice?

My composite is "ok" I still need to do better

Members don't see this ad.

I heard trying to move your mouse over the words while reading them helps because you are more concentrated on reading and not finding your place, and you are less likely to just glance over things.

Also, I know many people say to just read the questions and then answer them, but I find that jotting down key words from the question and then reading through the passage and being more alert during those parts helps. This also might work for more broad questions because you spend less time searching for phrases or points because you have a general idea as to where that concept was talked about.

A mistake that I have been making is not thoroughly reading all the answer choices and instead, I would pick the first one I thought was right. This might seem like common sense, but maybe it could help you too :)

i find making a layout as i read to be beneficial to tackling the reading passages. I write 1 sentence for each paragraph. usually i dont have to refer to the passage cause i understand the passage, but if i need to ill look at my notes to find where the question can be found