Taxes and Application Fees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lionking101

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did a search and couldnt quite finf an answer. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is any way application fees and gre fees can be taken into account for tax purposes? Spent so much money on all of that so some sort of tax break would be great.
 
I just did my taxes and I do not think you can do that.

To receive a deduction, it must be needed for school. An example is taking courses at an online college that requires a computer or laptop. That is an educational need. Technically speaking, the government does not see us going to vet school and applying as a "need."

Once in vet school, there are tax breaks available.