TBR Bio content and passages suck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phattestlewt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What resources are you using to study and practice bio?

TBR is absolutely horrible. Passages are bizarre and presentation of material is very shoddy?

Members don't see this ad.

TBR bio passages are definitely brutal! I eventually stopped doing them because I felt that I, more often than not, ended up more confused after doing them and reading the solutions. I ended up using EK for bio content. It's important to know EVERYTHING that EK presents as they typically just introduce the bare minimum amount of detail.

U madddd
Passages are golden for reenforcing content. TBR does have 3-4 experimental passages per chapter though. I would suggest using TPRH SW for real experimental passages.

Members don't see this ad :)
U madddd
Passages are golden for reenforcing content. TBR does have 3-4 experimental passages per chapter though. I would suggest using TPRH SW for real experimental passages.
they are hard, but they will help you
I got so frustrated with so many TBR Bio questions because they were ridiculous/ambiguous/stupid/etc...

I would skip it in favor of TPRH SW unless you want as much bio practice as possible.

Book II had the ridiculous passages. brb Metabolic Pathways avg ~50% lol
I Like the Book I passages though, but all in all, the book was badly written and all over the place. I find TPR to be superior in terms of content review.
TPRH SW is kind of a mix and match, some ridiculously easy, some ridiculously hard, but nothing overly tricky or ambiguous.
I would suggest alternating 2-3 passages from TBR and 2-3 passages from TPRH SW each time you finish content. Then for review days, I guess you can bang out one of those EK 30 min exams that correspond to the chapter.

Book II had the ridiculous passages. brb Metabolic Pathways avg ~50% lol
I Like the Book I passages though, but all in all, the book was badly written and all over the place. I find TPR to be superior in terms of content review.
TPRH SW is kind of a mix and match, some ridiculously easy, some ridiculously hard, but nothing overly tricky or ambiguous.
I would suggest alternating 2-3 passages from TBR and 2-3 passages from TPRH SW each time you finish content. Then for review days, I guess you can bang out one of those EK 30 min exams that correspond to the chapter.

Lol that's the exact passage I got done with when I wrote this post.

Their presentation of biochem, molecular bio is down right hideous when compared to what the AAMC bio outline prioritizes.

But I do agree, they do have good passages.

I'll check out the TPRH.