TBR Biology Chapter 9 Passage 13 #85

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jengreef

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The question asks which of these statements are true?
The answer given was pneumococcus does not contain organelles. The explanation for the answer then proceeds to state that the bacterium contain ribosomes, which, though they are not membrane organelles, are still organelles, thus pneumococcus does contain organelles...Is anyone else seeing a disconnect between the answer choice and the explanation?

The other answer choices are:

Pneumococcus translation takes place in the mitochondria
Pneumococcus cells are larger in diameter than most eukaryotic cells
Pneumococcus nucleus is a double membrane-bround structure

I'm not sure about the second choice, but the rest also seem all false to me. Is this a question that has no real answer?

Members don't see this ad.

The question asks which of these statements are true?
The answer given was pneumococcus does not contain organelles. The explanation for the answer then proceeds to state that the bacterium contain ribosomes, which, though they are not membrane organelles, are still organelles, thus pneumococcus does contain organelles...Is anyone else seeing a disconnect between the answer choice and the explanation?

The other answer choices are:

Pneumococcus translation takes place in the mitochondria
Pneumococcus cells are larger in diameter than most eukaryotic cells
Pneumococcus nucleus is a double membrane-bround structure

I'm not sure about the second choice, but the rest also seem all false to me. Is this a question that has no real answer?

These rest are false so it's probably a poorly worded question.